Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I am ____


I follow a blog called you know it happens at your house too. Today she gave her followers a challenge and I am passing it on to you.  It is a writing exercise, for 5 minutes you are to write about yourself.  No editing or proof reading. Just write whatever comes to mind.  I will be sharing mine with you know it happens at your house too and I would love it if you shared your free write with me but that is not a necessary part of the exercise. The important part is that you write it down so that you can look at it later. This is meant to help us see the good in ourselves which is something many of us struggle with every day so here I go...

I am Heather.
I am a mother first and foremost.  I spend my days growing four beautiful children who each have unique strengths and weaknesses and present me with four different challenges.
I am a homemaker, which most of the time feels the same as housekeeper, but its so much more.  I make our house a home, not just keep it clean.
I am a wife, I work to be a good wife and meet the needs of our relationship.
I am creative. Although I don't often find the time, I love to make and build things, and when I do find the time, I am good at it.
I am caring, I want to take care of others, especially those in need and I like to feel needed.
I am young, sometimes I forget this about myself because,
I have an old soul.
I am busy. ALWAYS, ALWAYS BUSY.  And thats how I like it. A side effect of being busy is that,
I am: tired, overwhelmed, stressed and cranky.  But as soon as I am not busy it is my instinct to fill any open time.
I have the life that I have always wanted.  I was born the be a wife and mother spend my days trying to do my job to the best of my ability.
I am happy.

Thats it! That was five minutes! well, actually 6 because I forgot to watch the clock! Please share your 5 minutes.  This is definitely an exercise worth doing! It will instantly make your day brighter! You can share your writing below, put a link to your blog or share it on my facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment